Planning a trip to Ponza? Meet us directly at Anzio Port and we'll take care of all of the tickets & details for you. You'll benefit from the knowledge and assistance of an expert English-speaking Tour Leader throughout the day. Want to remain on the island for one or more nights? Just choose our one way option and organize your own ferry ticket back. If not, choose the round-trip option you will return to Anzio Port at the end of the day.
You day begins at lovely Anzio port where you will meet your English-speaking Ponza expert and check in. Shortly after, you'll board the fast ferry to Ponza which is a 1.5 hour ride. Upon arrival in Ponza, you'll have a small amount of free time before boarding a 5-hr boat excursion for the day.
Your captain for the excursion is a local Ponzan who will share tales and legends from the islands history - and you won't miss a word thanks to the translating skills of your English speaking tour leader. Ponza has been inhabited since pre-history, and everyone from the estruscans to the greeks to the Ancient Romans have left their mark here. Here ancient ruins intermingle with wild beauty in hidden coves and grottoes.
Your 5 hours boat excursion, weather and waves permitting, circumnavigates the entire island of Ponza and stops 4-5 times in the island's most scenic swimming stops. At each stop you will have time to swim, snorkel, sunbathe and possible even swim inside a blue grotto (sea cave) or two!
Lunchtime features an extended stop during which the captain and his first make will prepare a simple pic-nic style pasta lunch served on board with water, wine and espresso. You'll share this experience with other Italians who are on vacation - just you like you - which will give you the unique opportunity to indulge yourself in local culture.
At the conclusion of the boat trip, there will be about an hour of free time to explore Ponza's tiny & colorful port. It's a great momento to indulge in a glass of prosecco or enjoy a gelato. It's up to you!
The ferry returning to the mainland departs at 5:30PM for those who have booked the round trip option. Otherwise, you will be free to organize your own return ferry transfer to the mainland at your leisure.
Please note: This schedule is indicative and timings and stops may vary according to traffic and weather.
8:15 AM Meet your tour leader at the ferry ticket office.
08:45 AM Departure time of fast boat transfer to Ponza Port
10:15 AM Arrival in Ponza Island Port
10:30 AM Breakfast in Ponza Island (May be moved to Port of Departure if time permits)
11:00 AM Departure for Boat Tour of the Island with Swim Stops
04:00 PM Return to Ponza Port + Free Time in Ponza Island Port
05:45 PM Departure for Port with fast boat transfer
07:45 PM Arrival in Port, end of service
To the left of the Laziomar Ticket Office (Biglietteria) in Piazzale Sant'Antonio in port of Anzio. Your tour leader will be holding a sign stating "EcoArt"
If you are planning to arrive to Anzio by train, please note that the departure location is a 10-15 minute walk from Anzio's train station. Consult a map before departing.
Piazzale Sant'Antonio, Anzio
- Please note that during the ferry transfer to and from Anzio, you are required to wear a mask and you must provide your own.
- To fully enjoy this tour, we recommend you are comfortable with boat trasportation and are able to swim.
- At the time of your booking, please alert the staff to any particular food allergies.
- All minors under 18 years of age must be accompanied by a paying adult.
- If you are travelling with a young child (0-12), please alert the staff at the time of your booking so that we can better accomodate you.
- We highly recommend you bring sun protection.
- Due to the unique nature of this tour, last minute cancellations due to traffic, strikes, weather and other force majeure events are not uncommon. Please call +39 067 759 1822 the day before your scheduled departure to confirm the tour will be going forward. For cancellations before departure, a free change of date or full refund will be offered. In rare cases, it may not be possible to foresee a cancellation before departure. In cases where cancellations interrupt the tour after it has already departed, the tour itinerary, locations and timings may be adjusted as needed to offer an alternative of equal value. In such cases, guests may not be entitled to a refund.
What to Bring
- Sun Protection
- Bathing Suit / Towel
- Light Jacket
Mon, Wed, Fri, Sa
In order to be eligible for a full refund your tour must be modified/cancelled by no less than 72 hours before your scheduled departure time. Due to the unique nature of this tour, last minute cancellations due to traffic, strikes, weather and other force majeure events are not uncommon. Please call +39 067 759 1822 the day before your scheduled departure to confirm the tour will be going forward. For cancellations before departure, a free change of date or full refund will be offered. In rare cases, it may not be possible to foresee a cancellation before departure. In cases where cancellations interrupt the tour after it has already departed, the tour itinerary, locations and timings may be adjusted as needed to offer an alternative of equal value. In such cases, guests may not be entitled to a refund.